Thursday, November 12, 2009

Head on

This is not easy for me to do, but I feel like that if I write about it, it will be easier to forget. On Tuesday morning I was on my way to price and my honda was out of gas so my mom told me to take the prious. The Toyota Prious is a Hybrid car that my dad bought a couple of years ago and he loved that car. Anyway, I had a hard time backing out of the drive way and my mom told me just to take my car, but I refused beacause I would not have time to get gas on my way. So I finally made it out of the drive way, I almost took the short cut but I didn't want to get the car dirty. I was on the molen road and I almost ran into a group of deer that should have been my first clue that something was going to go wrong. I turned on the highway, as I turned my phone had been sitting on the center consel and it fell to the ground, I was looking to see where my phone fell and the next thing I know I'm in the wrong lane and half the car is laying on the road. I of course went in to shock, I got out and the guy I hit just happened to be a coal truck and huge one. I tried to call my mom but I could not get her, so I called my dad and broke the bad news to him. I was on the brink of a nervous break down when he told me that it was not about the car it was about my safty. "You could've been killed". The next thing that happened was that my mom pulled up, my dad had called her. She hugged me crying well we were both crying, lucklie I was not seriously hurt. If you could have seen the car, it really was a mircle that I suivived. After this happened I'm a carefull driver especaially now. My family began calling me that afternoon checking on me and making sure that I was okay.
This accident made me realize that was matters to me most in the world is my family. I always said that I was not going to be the one to wreck that car, irronically it was me. I kept thinking that my dad would never forgive me that he would hold this against me for the rest of my life. I talked to him that night and he said "Honey, I'm just glade your okay, I could care less about that car." I had been wondering for a long time if I was just here, that I didn't matter much to my family. I firmly beleive that I'm the spice in my families life. At least for my parents, they always tell me that they could not live without me. I firmily beleive that Heavenly Father is real he saved my life, I'm so thankful for what I have I could not ask for a better life. During the Thanksgiving holidays think about what you are thankful for and be thankful that you have what you have.

No comments: